This chemistry video tutorial shows you how to determine the oxidation state or oxidation number of an element in a compound or a transition metal within a polyatomic ion. This video contains plenty of examples and practice problems for you to work on.
Here is a list of topics:
1. Assigning Oxidation Numbers To Elements in Compounds
2. Determining The Oxidation States of Transition Metals
3. Calculating The Oxidation Number of a Element in a polyatomic ion
4. Oxidation Number Rules - Pure Elements Always Zero
5. Oxidation States - Electronegativity - Fluorine is -1
6. Oxidation Rules - Oxygen Usually is -2 in Oxide and -2 in Peroxide
7. Hydrogen is +1 when bonded to a nonmetal and -1 when bonded to a metal
8. Transition Metals - Multiple Oxidation States
Tagged under: oxidation numbers explained,oxidation numbers polyatomic ions,oxidation numbers rules,oxidation numbers transition metals,oxidation states transition metals,oxidation states chemistry,oxidation states elements,oxidation numbers,rules,oxidation states,oxidation,polyatomic ions,elements,compounds,transition metals,chemistry,pure element,assigning oxidation states,determining oxidation states,oxidation number calculation,calculating oxidation states
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes