This algebra 2 & precalculus video tutorial shows you how to evaluate a logarithm without a calculator, how to simplify logarithmic expressions, how to expand a logarithmic with a radical or a square root, how to condense or compress a sum or difference of logs into a single logarithm.
It also shows you how to write a log as an exponential equation and how to convert from exponential form to logarithmic form. This video shows you how to use the change of base formula to evaluate a log with a calculator and how to express it using natural logs. Next, this logarithmic tutorial shows you how to solve logarithmic and exponential equations.
Other examples included in this video are:
Graphing logarithmic functions and Exponential Equations
How To Find The Horizontal Assymptote of an Exponential Equation
How To Find The Vertical Assymptote of a Logarithmic Function
How To Find The Domain and Range of a Logarithmic and Exponential Function
How To Solve Word Problems Relating To Logarithmic & Exponential Functions Such as Compounded Monthly, Daily, Quarterly and Continuously Word Problems In addition to Population Growth / Decay Word Problems.
It shows you how to find how long it takes for an account or population to double given the interest rate or growth rate.
List of topics:
1. Logarithms to Exponential Form
2. Graphing Logarithmic & Exponential Functions With Transformations
3. Solving Logarithmic Equations
4. Expanding Logarithmic Expressions With Square Roots
5. Condensing Logarithmic Expressions
6. Change of Base Formula Logarithms
7. Simplify Logarithmic Expressions
8. Sum and Difference of Logarithms
9. Evaluate Logarithms Without a Calculator
10. Horizontal Asymptotes of Exponential Functions
11. Domain and Range of Logarithmic Functions
12. Domain and Range of Exponential Functions
13. Exponential Growth and Decay Word Problems
14. Compounded Continuously Formula
15. Compound Interest Formula Explained
16. Compounded Interest - Annually, Quarterly, SemiAnnually, Daily, and Monthly
Tagged under: logarithms review,exponential form,graphing,logarithmic functions,exponential functions,algebra,logarithmic expressions,expanding,square roots,condensing,change base formula,logarithms,sum,difference,simplify,evaluate logarithms, calculator,horizontal asymptotes,domain,range,transformations,solving logarithmic equations,compounded continuously formula,compound interest formula
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes