BBC Science in Action
1. What do we call the building blocks of all substances?
2. What do we call the result of a chemical combination of elements?
3. What do we get if we combine sodium and chlorine?
4. How many elements discovered so far?
5. Name 3 metals named in the video.
6. Which metal did Femi search for in the mine?
7. What is the other name for pyrite?
8. How did they get pure gold from the rocks?
9. Why is it much harder to separate other metals from their naturals forms, than gold?
10. What elements can we get from water?
11. What is a molecule?
12. What do we call rocks that fall from space onto earth?
13. What minerals were found in the “pure” mineral water?
14. How can we get scientifically pure water?
15. Which TV programme’s theme song played?
Tagged under: SIA,Elements,Compounds
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes