If a medicine could cure a great ill, but kill a few people in the process, would it be worth it?
Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Lindybeige
This is another of 217 questions on various ethical dilemmas that I intend to tackle over the next couple of years.
Possibly a better, more wide-ranging question would be how to balance the equation between risk and benefit. At one extreme, someone in permanent incurable agony would happily choose a 1% chance of cure and 99% chance of death.
Musical sting at the end by David Gildas.
More of my videos here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEBE136C681CBDB21
Lindybeige: a channel of archaeology, ancient and medieval warfare, rants, swing dance, travelogues, evolution, and whatever else occurs to me to make.
▼ Follow me...
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Lindybeige I may have some drivel to contribute to the Twittersphere, plus you get notice of uploads.
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/Lindybeige (it's a 'page' and now seems to be working).
Tagged under: questions,answers,book,medicine,arthritis,cure,reaction,side effect,population,statistics,probability,philosophy,ethics,opinions,discussion,values,morals,doctors,treatment,public
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes