Describing a bad day at work -- Free English lesson
At times we find it very hard to express how bad your day at work was. You run out of correct words, and just don't know what to say.
In this lesson, you will learn some phrases and idioms that would help you to express yourself better.
1. Can't stand office politics -- unable to bear or can no longer take something. It is beyond your tolerance level.
2. kissing up : butter up someone. When you want favors from influential or important people in your office, you speak very sweetly and sugar coat your words.
3. call the shots -- to make important or big decisions.
4. to move up the ranks -- to climb the career ladder.
5. boss always tries to micromanage -- to have a strict control/excessive control
6. breathing down my neck- too watch too closely in a way that annoys you.
7. I'm spread too thin -- to handle too many things
8. salary and benefits leave a lot to be desired -- highly unsatisfied
9. to be done yesterday- immediately
10. wrap up- to conclude/ finish
Tagged under: English lessons,Free English,English lesson,English video,vocabulary,business English,Grammar,learn grammar,English speaking,spoken English,learn English,speak English,speaking English,fluent English,fluency English,English training video,speak fluent English,accent training,American accent,British accent,US accent,UK accent,personality development,words,sentences,public speaking,presentation,soft skills, ,phrases,idioms,listening skills
Find more lesson plans like this:Describing Characters in a Story: Lesson for Kids
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes