Here is PART ONE (of three) of "Ghost Towns of Canada" a History Television program featuring Barkerville Historic Town. Filmed at Barkerville in 2002. Hope you enjoy!
Tagged under: ghost towns,history,television,barkerville,historic town,british columbia
1. What was Barkerville built upon? Did many people strike it rich? (00:01:09)
2. What was one of the most difficult parts of the journey? (00:01:40)
3. Why were the bargemen out of work? (00:02:17)
4. What is a flume? (00:02:43)
5. What caused the rush of people to the area of Barkerville? (00:04:33)
6. Who was Begbie? (00:06:26)
7. What does it mean that the area was isolated? (00:07:48)
8. Why was it difficult to keep living in the Williams Creek area? (00:09:18)
9. What is one question you still have about the establishment of Barkerville? (00:09:41)
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes