What’s the difference between clean out, clean off, clean up and clean away – Free English lessons
Blog : http://www.learnex.in/english-lesson-clean-out-clean-off-clean-up-clean-away
When you talk about cleaning something it could either be the actual space or the mess/dirt in a space. In this English lesson you will learn different phrases used to talk about this.
English learners while speaking English make a common mistake while using these phrases (clean out, clean off, clean up and clean away)They think that they can use them interchangeably , that’s what we will correct today.
Website : http://www.letstalkpodcast.com
Facebook page : http://www.facebook.com/letstalkpodcast
Clean out - to clean the inside of a space
• I need to Clean out the cupboard (inside of the cupboard)
• Please clean out the car (inside of the car)
• The drawer is dirty we need to clean out the drawer (inside of the drawer)
Clean off – used to talk about cleaning a flat surface
• We need to clean off the table since we have guests coming home (A Table is a flat surface)
• Please clean off the TV screen.(flat surface)
• Clean off the glass of the window (the window is a flat surface)
Clean up - to clean a room or a large space
• We should clean up the kitchen today, since it has been a long time.
• Lets Clean up the staircase
• The cleaner needs to Clean up the playground so that the kids can play happily.(large space)
Clean away – talks about cleaning the mess in a space
• Hey let’s clean away the mess.
• My mom will clean away the broken pieces on the floor.
• Please clean away the liquid on the ground.
We hope this English lesson has helped you a lot. Going forth you can use these phrases in order to talk about cleaning in your daily conversation.
Tagged under: English lessons,Free English,English lesson,English video,vocabulary,business English,Grammar,learn grammar,English speaking,spoken English,learn English,speak English,speaking English,fluent English,fluency English,English training video,speak fluent English,accent training,American accent,British accent,US accent,UK accent,personality development,words,sentences,public speaking,presentation,soft skills, ,phrases,idioms,listening skills
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes