Talking about Cars - English Vocabulary Lesson
Blog : http://www.learnex.in
Website : http://www.letstalkpodcast.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/letstalkpodcast
youtube : http://www.youtube.com/learnexmumbai
There are many car related topics in English. Whether you planning on buying or renting or just discussing cars this lesson will help you to know different types of cars. The cars are classified according to their specific body,structure,style and design.
1. Coupe - A two door car with a fixed roof and a smaller back seat.
2. Sedan - A passenger car with two rows of seat and adequate passenger space in the rear with a separate boot for luggage.
3. Convertible - A car with a flexible roof that can retract and fold away,converting it from an enclosed to an open air vehicle.
4. hatchback - A hatchback is a four door car but also has a rear door that opens upwards.
5. SUV - A high performance four wheel drive built on a truck chassis. Usually equipped with four wheel drive for on and off road drives.
6. Mini Van - It is an automobile similar in shape to a van,designed for personal use. Minivans are taller cars and has upto three rows of seats and can carry 8-9 people.
7. Hybrid - It is a vehicle that uses two or more distinct power sources to move the vehicle. Combines an internal combustion engine and one or more electric motors.
8. Sports Car - The car which is low to the ground with only two seats and a powerful engine.
9. Manual Transmission - A manual transmission, also known as a manual gearbox, stick shift, n-speed manual (with maximum 6-7 number of gears) for vehicles with hand-lever shifters, is a type of transmission used in motor vehicle applications.
10. A vehicle which doesn't have a stick that has to be changed manually, the gears are shifted automatically and there is no clutch at the bottom. some useful vocabulary to talk about cars
Tagged under: English lessons,Free English,English lesson,English video,vocabulary,business English,Grammar,learn grammar,English speaking,spoken English,learn English,speak English,speaking English,fluent English,fluency English,English training video,speak fluent English,accent training,American accent,British accent,US accent,UK accent,personality development,words,sentences,public speaking,presentation,soft skills, ,phrases,idioms,listening skills
Find more lesson plans like this:Look Who's Talking (Tu Quoque) Fallacy: Definition & Examples
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes