Routers, switches, access points, modems, hubs, bridges...what is the difference between all these network devices?!
Freshbooks message: Head over to http://freshbooks.com/techquickie and don’t forget to enter Tech Quickie in the “How Did You Hear About Us” section when signing up for your free trial.
Join the community: http://linustechtips.com
License for image used: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/legalcode
Tagged under: router,wireless,access point,modem,network,switch,hub,bridge,ethernet,hardware,ip address,mac address,wi-fi,isp,lan,wan
1. What is the reference "Aisle nine and three quarters" referring to? (00:00:14)
2. What are the four types of device he just mentioned? (00:00:25)
3. What does a modem do? (00:00:54)
4. What do you need to configure with a modem? (00:01:22)
5. What does a router assign? (00:01:39)
6. What are the chunks of information going through the network called? (00:01:53)
7. Why is a modern router known as a combination device? (00:02:28)
8. Why is a network switch usually attached to a router? (00:03:11)
10. Explain why switches are better than hubs - use three sentences (00:03:54)
11. What are the characteristics of a modem?
12. What are the uses of a router? (00:04:04)
13. What are the characteristics of a hub? (00:04:06)
14. What are the characteristics of a wireless access point? (00:04:07)
15. Why are combined devices widely used? (00:04:08)
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes