Scientific Eye Series 9 (1996)
Eight programmes from the broadcast schools' science series, each of which examines a single topic, with individual stories being used to illustrate more general scientific ideas.
The individual titles are: Digestion and Nutrition; Hearing the Sound; Static Electricity; Colour; Acids and Alkalis; Food Chains; Photosynthesis; Purification.
1) What do food chains start with?
2) Where do plants get their energy from? And what do they do with it?
3) Which direct do the arrows point in a food chain and what do they represent?
4) Organisms of the same species do this if they want the same things.
5) What is it called when many food chains are linked together?
6) If we cannot see under the water, how do scientists count organisms?
7) When was lake Windermere formed?
8) What do Zoo Plankton feed on?
9) Write out the food chain food containing Artic Charr, Algae, Pike and Zoo Plankton.
10) What does a pyramid of numbers show?
11) Why is there an increase of algae near sewage plants?
12) What happens if the producers in a food chain get poisoned?
13) What will happen to levels of toxins as you get higher in the food chain?
Tagged under: Sci,Eye,Food,Chains
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes