English phrases to say something is super expensive - Free English lesson
Blog : http://www.learnex.in/english-phrases-to-say-something-is-super-expensive
In this English Speaking lesson you will learn to use different phrases to talk about expensive things. People love to talk about money. Even in our daily conversation we talk about how much we paid for something or we talk about fancy cars, expensive cellphones , vacations and so on. So below are the phrases to talk about things that are high priced.
Website : http://www.letstalkpodcast.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/letstalkpodcast
1. That's a bit steep - This phrase suggests that something is little more expensive.
example - This dress is a bit steep.
2. That's a bit pricey - This phrase can be used similarly, to talk about things which are a little high priced.
example - This house is a bit pricey for this neighborhood.
3. Cost an arm and leg - Something which is very expensive.
example - My new Mercedes car has cost me an arm and leg.
4. To pay through the nose - To pay an excessive amount for something
example - These days one has to pay through nose to eat out in a fancy restaurant.
5. Exorbitant - Unreasonably high
example - Some hotels charge exorbitant rates for phone calls.
6. Daylight robbery - The phrase suggests to talk about overcharged or over priced things.
example - $10 for a glass of juice is daylight robbery.
7. Break the bank - Something that is expensive and cost all the money you have in your bank account.
example - I would love to go to Switzerland but a trip right now would definitely break the bank.
8. Pay top dollar- to pay a lot of money for something.
Example - I had to pay top dollar for this Louis Vuitton bag.
Hope these English phrases help you to talk about all the expensive things you come across.
Tagged under: English lessons,Free English,English lesson,English video,vocabulary,business English,Grammar,learn grammar,English speaking,spoken English,learn English,speak English,speaking English,fluent English,fluency English,English training video,speak fluent English,accent training,American accent,British accent,US accent,UK accent,personality development,words,sentences,public speaking,presentation,soft skills, ,phrases,idioms,listening skills
Find more lesson plans like this:0.2 miles in Feet: How-to & Steps
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes