How to be a STAR in front of your BOSS - Soft skills by Skillopedia
Blog : http://www.learnex.in/soft-skills-skillopedia-how-to-be-a-star
Subscribe to Skillopedia : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC3UrdqNf6rpWZoTiYbYk4A?sub_confirmation=1
Facebook Fan page : http://www.facebook.com/skillopediaone
In this Skillopedia video, you will learn how to be a star in front of your boss. All of us want to be outstanding in front of our boss.
1. Walk the talk: It means do what you say and say what you mean. If you make a commitment at your work place, make sure you deliver the same. However busy you may be, take the extra effort to live up to your commitment.
2. Be pro-active: As a boss, you wouldn’t like an employee who has to be told what to do, someone who doesn’t think for himself. Be an employee who comes up with excellent ideas, executes them and shows results. Be willing to take responsibilities and stretch your abilities beyond your role. A pro-active person is also someone who is self motivated.
3. Choose request over complaint: Work places can be very challenging for you to keep your calm, to keep your cool and work harmoniously with everyone. You may encounter certain interpersonal issues with some colleagues and you want to speak about it to your boss. How you put it forward matters. Do not complaint as it doesn’t show in you in a positive light. Choose request over complaint, it shows your maturity, professionalism and team spirit.
4. Become a solution king/queen: Be the member who always comes up with solutions in your organisation. Do the extra thinking to come up with a creative solution for a problem. This effort of yours will make you highlighted as an asset in your team.
5. Manage your own growth: If you have a vision of your growth, make sure you’re working for yourself , your working hard, sincerely, you’re doing all the things correctly in order to go on the path of that road. There are certain employees who keep waiting to be grown and wait for their bosses to work on their growth. Be a go getter and manage your own growth.
6. Become a star team player: At work, we have to work in teams. It’s important to be someone who is great to work with, someone who is supportive, friendly, positive and someone who has great interpersonal skills. When you become a star team player, you become popular among your colleagues, you develop good relationships , you make the work atmosphere positive.
7. Ease your boss’s life: Make the process of working very easy for your boss. When you mean well and give solutions without being told, you are easing your boss’s life. It shows you are loyal to the company.
Tagged under: star,soft skills,skillopedia,communication skills,team player,confidence development,personality development video,letstalkpodcast,develop confidence,public speaking,business English,corporate skills,corporate training,life skills,ted talk,michelle lessons,niharika lessons,speak confidentely,business skills,interpersonal skills,time management
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes