Empresario Haden Edwards, tired of Mexican rule, launches a rebellion.
Tagged under: Part 1,Haden Edward,Stephen F. Austin,Benjamin W. Edwards,Fredonian Republic,Fredonian Rebellion,Nacogdoches TX,Colonel Ahumada,Governor Salcedo,Austin' colony,Texian Militia,Manuel De Mier Y Teran,Caddo Tribe,Texas History,Stephen L. Hardin,Stephen Hardin,Diogenes' Lantern,diogeneslantern.
1. What is an Empresario? (00:00:20)
2. Compare and Contrast Austin and Edwards. List at least two things about each man, and state whether or not they were successful or a failure. (00:01:13)
3. How long did it take Edwards to get an Empresario Grant? (00:01:48)
4. All of the following groups had settled in Edwards new colony except? (00:02:45)
5. Do you believe Edwards was justified in taking control of this land that the Caddo and other groups had been living for centuries? (00:03:37)
6. What would you have done in Edwards place? (00:05:27)
7. Do you believe the Mexican Government was justified in taking away the Edwards brothers land grant? Why or why not? (00:06:43)
8. What day did the Republic of Fredonian began? (00:07:11)
9. What is the significance of the white and red stripes on the flag? (00:07:41)
10. All but one of the following words was on the Fredonian flag except? (00:07:50)
11. Do you agree with Stephen F. Austin? If not why not? (00:08:23)
12. Why did the Fredonian Rebellion fail? (00:10:03)
13. Where did the Edwards brothers flee too? (00:10:23)
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes