http://mocomi.com/ presents Spider facts.
1. Spiders are not insects. They belong to the arachnid family that includes scorpions, mites and ticks.
2. Spiders are found on every continent of the world, except Antarctica.
3. There are approximately 40,000 different species of spiders.
4. Spiders can produce silk which they use to create spider webs and capture prey.
5. Abandoned spider webs are known as cobwebs.
6. Most spiders are harmless to humans but a few species, like the Brazilian wanderer and the black widow, can cause human deaths.
7. The fear of spiders is called arachnophobia.
8. The large hairy spiders that you see in movies and challenge shows on television are tarantulas.
9. The skeleton of a spider is located outside its body.
10. Spiders do not have a nose or ears. They are able to sense vibrations, touch, and sounds through the tiny hair that cover their bodies.
11. Along with their muscles, spiders use their blood pressure as well to move.
12. A female spider may lay up to 2000 eggs at a time.
13. Spiders have also been sent to the space. Even in the absence of gravity, they built perfect webs.
14. The largest spider in the world is the Giant Bird-eating spider. It can be as big as a dinner plate.
15. The smallest spider is the Patu Marplesi. You can easily fit 10 of them on the end of a pencil.
16. Spider silk is one of the strongest materials in the world! Scientists believe that it is even stronger than steel!
17. Some spiders may have as many as eight eyes. Common spiders have only six eyes, while the cave-dwelling species have no eyes at all.
18. Spiders can't digest solid foods. They must turn the meal into a liquid form with the help of digestive juices.
19. People in South America eat tarantulas as they are a rich source of protein.
For more about Spider facts, visit the best e-learning website here: http://mocomi.com/fun-facts-about-spiders/
For more such fun learning videos and interactive articles, visit: http://mocomi.com/learn/general-knowledge/
Follow Mocomi Kids - Top educational website for kids,
on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/mocomikids/
on Twitter https://twitter.com/MocomiKids
on Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/mocomikids/
on Google+ https://plus.google.com/+mocomikids/
on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/mocomi-kids
Tagged under: Spider,Spiders,spider facts,mocomi,mocomikids,spider fun facts,spider space,videos kids,types spiders,spider species,scary spiders,creepy spiders,spider bite,spider habitats,spider diet,fun learning,kids education,educational website, learning,website kids,online learning,videos children,school videos,home schooling,gk videos,general knowledge videos
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes