Story by: Christy Jordan-Fenton & Margret Pokiak-Fenton
Illustrations by: Gabrielle Grimard
Read by: Lea Lion
I don't own the rights to the story or art work. This video was produced as part of an educational project.
Thanks and enjoy!
1. Who do you think the "Outsiders" were, and why didn't this girl's father want her to go to their schools? (00:01:17)
2. The wuality of life at this outside school is very different than what Olemaun is used to. What were they trying to do to her? (00:01:17)
3. Do you think this outside school is an enjoyable place to be? (00:02:49)
4. Olemaun is very determined to learn how to read. Why aren't they teaching her? (00:04:30)
5. Olemaun is a brave little girl. Why was she thinking about her home while locked in the cellar? (00:06:45)
6. WHy were the stockings such an important issue to Olemaun? (00:09:09)
7. Did Olemaun live up to the meaning of her name? (00:10:48)
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes