Learn about the mighty mitochondria
The mitochondria has been called the powerhouse of the cell because it produces energy in the form of ATP for cells
1.Mitochondria are found in plant and animal cells but not in bacteria cells
2. Mitochondria are found in the cytoplasm of the cell
3.Mitochondria produce energy in a process called cellular respiration. It takes oxygen and sugar and makes carbon dioxide water and atp
4. Cells that require large amounts of energy like muscle cells will have large amounts of mitochondria
5 You cannot see mitochondria with a light microscope
6. A mitochondria has two layers and is folded on the inside
7. The mitochondria can reproduce by growing larger and then dividing, if the cell needs more energy
8. Regular exercise will increase your number of mitochondria. As a result you are better able to produce energy and burn fat.
9. Mitochondria contain DNA and ribosomes
Please watch: "Study Skills Teacher's Secret Guide to your Best Grades"
Tagged under: mitochondria,biology,cell,powering cell,atp,animated science video,cell organelles,mighty mitochondria
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes